9.22.2008

What a weekend!

We went to the funniest show on Friday, aptly named Get Mortified (www.getmortified.com). It was so funny/embarrassing/ridiculous. A group of 6 Portlanders (only one was native to the area) shared glimpses of their past through their own memoirs. Yes, they read from their teenage journals and travel logues. They recounted their experiences of love, turmoil, teenage angst, mischief, and their beginning of a religious breakout. Yes. It was embarrassing. I was amazed that people still kept journals at that age. I never really gotten into the journal thing, but could only imagine how awkward and ridiculous reading it 10 years later would be.

I did write a travel logue once on a train trip to Florida. The only thing I can recall from it, since I dont know where it is, was that someone got sick and vomited in the train station. By the time the crew came to mop it up, it was gone, but in a wicked gross way. It was disgusting to see people walk in it and not realize what they had done.

Besides that, we lounged on Saturday. I felt sick and have shown symptoms of something (an allergic reaction?). I have 9 ichy dots on my right side that look hivish, but I am not sure..

Yesterday, we went to the market, the Museum of Contemporary Craft, the toy store and watched about 150 people doing yoga at a park in the middle of the city. AND I ate Thai. YUM.

Remember, always check your shoes,
Amber

No comments: